We are just days away until the L.A. Beer Week Kickoff Festival and we want to make sure that our guests have all the information they need to make the best out of our 8th Annual beer fest. The Los Angeles County Brewers Guild and our non-profit partners at Food Forward want to THANK YOU for joining us on Saturday, June 18, 2016 at the Los Angeles Center Studios. Your support of local organizations such as ours is much appreciated. The L.A. craft beer community would not be where it is without your continued support!
Just a heads up: ALL BREWERY, FOOD, AND OTHER VENDOR SLOTS ARE FULL!
FAQ: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
1. NO PHYSICAL TICKETS! There will be no physical tickets mailed to you. Please PRINT your Eventbrite-issued tickets or use your phone to check-in. You can either Download the Eventbrite App or show us the PDF at check-in. *We strongly recommend you use the Eventbrite app for easier check-in. It is compatible with both iOS and Android phones.
2. NAMES DO NOT NEED TO MATCH ID AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TICKET. If you purchased a group of tickets under your name or were given a ticket by a friend, all you need to check-in is a copy of your TICKET so that you can be scanned in. If you do NOT have your ticket, it is important that you change the ticket-holder name on Eventbrite prior to the festival so that we are able to look up your name.
3. NO TICKETS SOLD AT THE DOOR! Sorry if your BFF had to miss out this year, but they should have believed you when you told them to get their tickets early.
4. NEW FESTIVAL VENUE THIS YEAR! Please note the NEW ADDRESS for this year’s June 18th festival:
Los Angeles Center Studios
450 S. Bixel Street (Entrance)
Los Angeles, CA 90017
5. PARKING: Please use one of the following pay lots surrounding the venue. These Athena Parking Lots are close to the studio and will offer a $10 flat rate on June 18th. CASH ONLY!!
Lot A: 1037 W. 6th St (0.2 mi. from entrance)
Lot B: 416 S. Boyleston (0.2 mi. from entrance)
Lot C: 333 S. Boyleston (0.3 mi. from entrance)
6. BUT WHAT IF WE DON’T WANT TO DRIVE? The venue is only a short (0.5 mi.) walk to the 7th Street/Metro Center Train Station with connections to the Metro RED, BLUE, and EXPO lines. From 7th St/Metro you are only 3 stops until Union Station where you can take the GOLD line, Amtrak, and Metrolink trains! You can also take the Blue line to the GREEN line.
7. BUT WHAT IS PUBLIC TRANSIT JUST ISN’T MY THING? There’s always Lyft or Uber! Please note that you should be dropped off/picked up from the 450 S. Bixel Street address.
8. NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS are allowed at the festival. UNOPENED water bottles or empty re-fillable water bottles are OK. There will be food trucks available for you to purchase food from.
9. WHAT DOES MY ADMISSION GET ME? VIP access begins at 12pm and General Admission at 1pm. Both tickets grant you UNLIMITED (responsibly-served) taster-sized pours from our 86 craft breweries & cider producers plus specialty home-brewed sodas, Hop Water, and craft cold brewed coffee. Food and additional non-alcoholic beverages are also available for purchase.
10. If you appear over-intoxicated, it is our right to cut you off (so know your limit, stay hydrated, and eat before or during the event!) PS. We don’t this to be mean, we do this because we must abide by the LAW and safe serving standards dictated to us by the ABC.
11. PLEASE drink responsibly! We want you to have a great time…and remember that you had a great time! Please organize for a designated driver, a carpool, Uber, Lyft, Taxi, or take advantage of public transit. As we already stated up in #6, we are a very close walk to the Metro Train Station.
12. Yes, you can bring backpacks – BUT security will have to take a look inside. NOT Permitted: weapons, outside alcohol, chairs, umbrellas, coolers, children, pets, and anything else you normally can’t take to these kinds of things.
13. There will be plenty of complimentary water stations available to rinse your glassware and stay hydrated. This event is outdoors so please mind your water consumption. Think about it this way: Drink water, stay hydrated, last at the festival long enough to enjoy a multitude of delicious beers!
14. WHAT SHOULD I TAG MY SELFIE?!? #LABW8! We are also @LABeerWeek on social media.
15. KNOW YOUR LIMIT! We can’t say this enough. Don’t be that guy. We want everyone to have a good time — one you’ll remember the next day.