With six unique breweries and brew houses, it comes as no surprise that Torrance is rapidly becoming known as a hub for Southern California’s craft beer scene.
- Monkish Brewing Co. offers an assortment of Belgian-style beers that reflect brewer Henry Nguyen’s past as a student of theology. Monkish beers are famous for their unique flavor and memorable names, such as Brown Habit and False Prophet.
- In 2013, Smog City Brewing Company relocated to Torrance, opening a brewery and tasting room. This family-run craft brewery has continued to grow, offering an experimental beer series and variety of popular standards.
- While Strand Brewing Co.’s beers are distributed throughout Southern California, the local taproom is the best place to taste the brewery’s selection. Among Strand Brewing Co.’s offerings are IPAs, Pale Ales and Stouts.
- Absolution Brewing Company’s brews provide an ideal fusion of Old World styles and New World ingredients. At the on-site tasting room, visitors can enjoy an array of craft beers including Fallen Archangel and Possessed Porter.
- The Dudes’ Brewing Company is committed to providing quality brews in a laid-back and fun atmosphere that reflects Southern California’s beach lifestyle.
- In the making of its artisan-ales, Red Car Brewery primarily uses English ingredients. The brewery also offers a variety of appetizers, salads, pizzas and more.
- HopSaint Brewing Company will open in Torrance mid-July, adding another great destination for beer lovers to enjoy.
While home to an amazing beer scene, exploring the city’s breweries is just one of the Top 10 Things to do in Torrance. With its close proximity to some of Southern California’s most iconic attractions, Torrance has the ability to provide big city amenities without sacrificing its small town charm. Among its many attractions are Torrance Beach, the multi-level Del Amo Fashion Center and 14 diverse hotels.
In honor of LA Beer Week, several of Torrance’s breweries are offerings special events and limited edition bottles; be sure to stop by the individual websites for additional details! For more information about the city’s breweries or planning a Torrance getaway, visit DiscoverTorrance.com.
The Los Angeles County Brewers Guild and L.A. Beer Week Committee are proud to welcome this guest blog post from our friends and partners at Discover Torrance. On behalf of all of us, we’d like to recognize and extend our heartfelt gratitude for your support of local breweries and craft beer establishments!